Tips, tricks and insights for
a more sustainable life.
Restoring Our Earth Together ~Earth Day 2☼21 Earth day gets the spotlight once again as the new year finds its feet to courageously march...
Buy a metre, Save a metre of the Daintree RainforestAs we approach this holiday season and try to shop with more awareness, we wanted to find another way to...
Plastic Free July is in full swing!Celebrating a journey of obstacles and success. Sometimes we take on challenges without realising the list of difficulties that come...
Repairing your well loved Beeswax WrapsTips for restoring your beeswax wraps Looking for a fun and easy way to be productive on your afternoon at...
In the Garden!Growing delicious veggies with your spare times Have you found yourself arriving at your local market just as you watch...
A Message From Josh, The FounderWinter is here and Beeswax Wraps Australia is ready for stage thrive! In the blink of an eye, and with...
We Have the Eco Alternative To Plastic/Cling Film
Have you realised how difficult, if not downright impossible, it is to have anything to do with food and not have plastic involved somewhere? Packaging is the big culprit, and cling wrap may have been the wonder invention in the 1950s, but today it is part of the pollution problem killing our planet. Fortunately, there is an eco alternative to cling wrap.
Beeswax wraps are not a invention, but as a 100% natural and reusable product, it is revolutionary in the food industry. It has become a standard item in many kitchens as an eco-friendly cling wrap replacement.
What You Should Know About Eco-Friendly Sandwich Wraps
Our beeswax wraps are handmade from ecologically sustainable and organic source materials. We go to great lengths to ensure our suppliers are certified and will provide us with only high quality ingredients. Our own production facility is environmentally responsible, as we use a solar heater for melting the beeswax.
Our beautiful beeswax wraps are basically printed cotton cloth infused with a blend of beeswax, wild pine resin, jojoba oil and colloidal silver.
- Pine resin. It is the pine resin that creates the seal ability of the wraps. Pine resin also has antiseptic properties, which helps prevent food from spoiling. The addition of colloidal silver aids in the anti-germ department and ensures that the wraps, when properly used, do not become a source of risk.
- Jojoba oil. This is the magic ingredient that makes the food wrap as reusable cling wrap possible, as it makes the pine resin and the beeswax soft and flexible. Without this, the wax coating would have been brittle, coming off in flakes.
- Design. Our preferred source of prints is the Dream time, produced by a renowned Aboriginal artist to reflect this ancient cultural heritage of Australia. Other themes are also available, such as traditional kitchen and garden themes.
Benefits of Beeswax Sandwich Wraps
Our beeswax wraps are sold in different sizes or as rolls per metre. This is simply a convenience, as the wraps can be cut and trimmed to any smaller size required.
- Origami. The wraps are flat sheets of material, so if you want to learn how to fold them into an effective packet for sandwiches or tortillas, we also have tutorial videos. This exercise is a fun experience, especially for children, and creates fun family time and memories.
- Marketing. The food industry is fierce, and everyone needs an angle. It is also silly to sell organic sandwiches wrapped in plastic. Offering your delectable MLT sandwiches in reusable and stunningly patterned beeswax wraps shows your commitment to lessening the strain on the environment to process all our detritus.
- Goodness. The coating of the wraps is water-resistant and has natural anti-bacterial properties. If skilfully wrapped, the sandwiches will remain clean and fresh when responsibly stored. Under most conditions, the wax coating is inert and should not react and influence the taste of the egg mayonnaise sandwiches; but it is always good to first test.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Your Reusable Sandwich Wrap
Our beeswax wraps are durable products made for repeated use in the kitchen. The beeswax wraps are a natural product and, as such, require some care if it is to last beyond a single use. Caring, cleaning and disposing of the wrap is a snap. Here are the rules:
- Caring. The wraps are not suitable for use where it comes in contact with raw meat. Although the wax and oils have disinfectant properties, raw meat requires a more thorough cleaning, usually with warm water and serious soap, which will damage the wrap. The coating is heat sensitive, so the wraps should not be used on hot foods or dishes, resulting in the wax melting.
- Revitalising. You can use this heat sensitivity to rejuvenate a used wrap when the wax has started clumping, usually due to use in cold applications. Simply hang the wrap on a line, as if drying it, and gently blow warm air with a hairdryer onto it, taking care not to cause running of the wax.
- Cleaning. A wrap should be cleaned after use, even though the coating is germ resistant. Washing is the preferred method, using cold water and mild hand wash soap. Be careful of dish washing liquid or other soaps designed to break down fats and oils. Never wash the wraps in the dishwasher or washing machine.
- Disposal. Over time the wax coating will eventually wear off. This is normal but unfortunately spells the end for this particular piece of beeswax wrap. As the whole product consists of ecologically sustainable source materials, you can compost it. Or used elsewhere in the garden, such as for a lining in seed trays.
Beeswax wraps are a great alternative to plastic sandwich wrap. It can also be a replacement for waxed paper, and as such, its uses become limitless. From covering dishes and wrapping breads to storing oiled tools. Strong and natural. Responsible.
Contact us for your supply of reusable sandwich wraps in Australia.
Why Eco Gifts are the Way to Go
Choosing the right gift for a loved one is notoriously difficult and knowing where to begin is stressful at times. However, if you want to get something truly thoughtful and savvy, eco gifts, such as our beeswax wraps, have more advantages than you may realise.
The Benefits of Eco-Conscious Gifts
When you choose to go for an eco-friendly gift, in particular, it presents a whole new set of advantages. Firstly, you preserve the environment while giving that special person in your life a practical gift. Here are a few other benefits of Beeswax Wraps Australia’s products:
- Many items manufactured today may be put through a lengthy creation process, and large corporate companies have a considerably bad reputation for emitting excessive amounts of Co2 into the atmosphere. So when you choose to go for sustainable gifts, you reduce your carbon footprint by supporting companies that are conscious about the environment and its impact on the world.
- Luxury eco gifts go further than you playing your part by reducing your carbon footprint. When you give an economically friendly gift to others, it creates more awareness of the sustainable brand or item. In turn, this lets more people know that it’s possible to buy your favourite items from an organisation that provides quality materials while taking care of the environment. What more could one ask for than quality goods that protect the environment at the same time?
- You may have already known that you get environmentally friendly gifts, but did you know you get sustainable wrapping ‘paper’ and packaging too? This product erases the need for using any materials that aren’t sustainable, making sure you preserve the environment throughout the gift-giving process.
These factors have proven that gifts created with consideration for the environment are the best way to go.
Common Mistakes Made When Looking for Sustainable Gifts
Now that you know the wide range of benefits associated with eco-friendly gifting, it’s helpful to keep in mind the frequent downfalls people encounter when finding the most suitable company for the job. Avoid these common pitfalls:
- There’s a commonly used concept in sustainable living called green washing, which refers to the marketing of something to be 100% green or sustainable, which is neither of the two. Since people have become more conscious about their shopping habits impacting the environment, companies may green wash to make their product or service seem more enticing to potential customers.
- To avoid being caught up in this, you must research a company before you choose to invest in and support its products. Look at their sustainability practices and their company vision to better understand what they’re about and whether you want to support them. In addition, we advise you to look through their social media pages to get a general idea of how customers rate their products and services for a fair, first-hand, unbiased opinion.
- You may assume that sustainable products aren’t created equally with other products in quality since they don’t contain specific materials or ingredients, which may hinder durability or longevity. However, this is a common misconception and may be severely detrimental to the eco-friendly industry. We use alternative materials instead of environmentally harmful substances that are equally durable.
Keeping these in mind will assist you in finding the perfect sustainable gift for someone without compromising on quality or aesthetic.
What Makes Beeswax Wraps The Perfect Gift
Beeswax Wraps Australia is one company that offers impeccable gifts of the highest quality while looking after the environment in the process. Here are some of the ways we may change the way you shop:
- Looking to make a gesture that you and your family can enjoy? You can spoil your wife by getting sustainable gifts for her to wrap tasty baked treats for everyone to enjoy. Eco-friendly gifts for him can help hubby with that new veggie garden he’s been planning by keeping his vegetables perfectly preserved and fresh. Wrap it all perfectly with our eco-friendly wax wraps that are gentle on the environment and your gift. Thanks to our quality, eco-friendly wax wrap, you don’t need to compromise sustainably with packaging options.
- Our wax wraps reach further than the sole purpose of wrapping thoughtful edible gifts for your friends and family. They serve various purposes and cover everything from your fresh produce and delicious loaves to daily lunches. We offer value packs or sell by the metre, so you get to choose which is more convenient for your needs.
- Not only are these wraps kind to nature, but they are reusable too, meaning you save money by not needing to buy new disposable wraps every other day. We make these wraps from organic cotton fabric covered in beeswax. The brightly coloured designs suit any taste and add some creativity to packaging, making our wraps ideal for eco-friendly housewarming gifts for your friends!
You can look forward to personalised, affordable and eco-friendly packaging that preserves your food and makes for a thoughtful gift too.
About Beeswax Wraps Australia
If you’re looking for practical, eco-friendly gifts for yourself or a loved one, look no further than Beeswax Wraps Australia. We offer beeswax packaging that’s gentle on the environment, your fresh produce and even your pocket.
Curious to learn more? Contact us for more details on our humble, sustainable products.